foxpro 6 and wine

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Wed Aug 20 08:16:17 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 08:02, Steve wrote:
> Rick Romero wrote:
> > I've NEVER installed VFP with Wine.  Rather, install the Runtime, and
> > just copy the vfp directory from the CDROM or a Windows installation.
> >
> > That's worked for me with VFP5 (maybe 6) and the VFP8 beta.
>
> Hi Rick;
>
> I'm new to VFP ( I want to put it on linux to learn it ).  How can I
> install the runtime by itself?

Should we cc the group?  I noticed I messed that up, and haven't gotten
back to forwarding it yet..

Anyways..   You need to create/find a VFP6 Runtime.   If you already
have a Windows install, you can used the Wizards to generate a 'package'
with a 'test.prg' file in it.  That will install all the runtime stuff
so you can distribute your 'test.prg'.

Or, grab a copy of the VFP6 Runtime from here:
http://www.bucek.info/free.htm

I've grabbed other's runtimes before, and they've worked fine.

Just do 'wine setup.exe', and it should install without a hitch.

Rick

> Steve
Rick Romero
IT Manager