Unsupported: Missing MS Sans Serif SBT Pro 5.0

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Thu Aug 21 14:07:08 CDT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to run SBT Pro 5.0 (VFP 5 app) via Wine, but it's been a
while.  I have to add 4 windows DLL's to get it to this point, but
during startup I get a Window that says:

"Font:  MS Sans Serif not found"

This is a VFP application error box.  It it not a Windows error, and it
is not a Visual Foxpro error.  It appears the app itself is doing some
sort of check.

SBT Pro 5.0 has run in the past - with various levels of success.   In
2000 it would do just about everything, then there were regressions ;)

The VFP IDE is working quite well now, and I can run other VFP apps that
I've created - I'm just stuck on this font thing with SBT 5.0.

I'm running Wine-20030709 - my config file is specifically pointing MS
Sans Serif to Helvetica.

"DefaultSansSerif" = "-adobe-helvetica-"
"MS Sans Serif" = "-adobe-helvetica-"

Any ideas?  I tried wine --debugmsg +font sbtw.exe
But didn't get any difference between the MS Sans and other fonts that
were trying to be loaded.   (Though I can do it again and post if
necessary).

Directions?

Thanks

Rick