foxpro 6 and wine

steve beforewisdom at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 01:46:35 CDT 2003

Rick Romero wrote:le.

>>Any ideas on things I could try with what I have to get foxpro
>>working?
>

> I've NEVER installed VFP with Wine.  Rather, install the Runtime, and
> just copy the vfp directory from the CDROM or a Windows installation.
>
> That's worked for me with VFP5 (maybe 6) and the VFP8 beta.

I still need some help :).

I removed my old wine, and compiled the latest, greatest ( 20030813 ).
I got it to work regedit and the copy of notepad it came with.

I have my "c" directory ( aka /home/steve/c ).

I installed the vfp runtime(VFP6RUN ) from
http://www.bucek.info/free.htm

No problems there.

Then I copied the vfp98 directory off of my foxpro 6 cd onto my "c" drive.

I went into that directory and executed "wine vfp6.exe".

I got this message box

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0X000000000 at address 0X00462e5b
Do you wish to debug it

I haven't altered my ~/wine/config file yet as I am not sure what to do.

Any ideas on what else I need to do?

( Im on knoppix/debian without a windows installation )

Steve