QuickBooks Pro 2002 on Redhat 9 w/XD2

Sukhjeet Singh Batth ss at batth.net
Sun Aug 24 06:39:51 CDT 2003

Hi,

I am using XD2 on Redhat 9 with Wine 20030813.  I am trying to run
QuickBooks Pro 2002 and keep running into problems.  I copied the "Program
Files" subdirectory from a Windows installed QuickBooks.  I also copied
the "Intuit" directory in "Common Files".  My first problem was that a lot
of dll's were missing from the Wine system directory.  After I copied a
bunch of dll's from my system32 directory on a Windows install, it got
passed those errors.

Now my problem is the following after running "wine qbw32.exe":
Could not start /mnt/floppy (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! not modal yet.

Then a box pops up titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and reads:
"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Pro\qbw32.exe
R6016
-not enough space for thread data"

Then my only option is to hit "OK".

I am not worried about the /mnt/floppy error because I don't have a floppy
drive.

Sukhjeet Batth

ps - please rpely via e-mail to my address and not ONLY the mailing list.