winecheck errors

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:57:21 CDT 2003

Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Well all,
>
> Edgar's winecheck caused me to try it agein and sure enough there is an
> error:
>
> 028. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    CRITICAL
> (entry "SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found in system.reg registry file).
> - ADVICE: file winedefault.reg, the most basic wine registry
> environment, doesn't seem to have been applied using regedit.

There is a default set of registry entries that (should) come with Wine.
Exactly how you load them depends on where you obtained Wine. You are
basically looking for a file called "winedefault.reg". If you have the
Wine source code, that it would normally be located in the top level
Wine source directory.

There are also various ways of loading the file. The manual way is to
run "regedit winedefault.reg".