Problems building wine20030813

puoti at inwind.it puoti at inwind.it
Fri Aug 29 14:07:53 CDT 2003

>I would recommend the opposite ;). Using Wine requires getting
>your hands a little dirty
This is your opinion, but wine wouldn't have packages making rpms, or run time
detection of opengl at various libs if that was the case, or maybe you want to
tell Lionel that all his work on detecting opengl at run time was a waste of time?
Anyway, I no nothing about other packages, but I build an RPM of wine with no
configuration at all, I just try to do a build of wine with all optional stuff
enabled, and I leave winesetuptk to do the configuration. Maybe you should try
it, it's a nice gui wizard, so end users don't need to know there is a config
file. Most people just use computers as tools, and they don't care about
how they work, or what source code is. M$ worked that out over a decade ago, and
look at the result.
Most users will not use open source until you tell them
"It's great, but you must your hands a little dirty", they will answer "Get on
with it, I like window because it's easy to use".
The key to taking over the desktop is usability, that's what users want.