InvokeShellLinker failed to extract icon

Olaf Leidinger leidola at newcon.de
Wed Dec 3 10:43:11 CST 2003

Hello!

Does anybody know what could be wrong with menubuilder as it can't
extract the icon no matter what application I try to install.

Here is the output of an typical installation:
wine --debugmsg +menubuilder wace25.exe

fixme:shell:Stream_WriteLocationInfo writing empty location info
trace:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker workdir    : C:\Program Files\WinAce
trace:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker description: C:\Program
Files\WinAce\winace.exe
trace:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker path       :
trace:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker args       :
trace:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker icon file  :
trace:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker pidl path  : C:\Program
Files\WinAce\winace. exe
trace:menubuilder:extract_icon path=[C:\Program Files\WinAce\winace.exe]
index=0
err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to extract icon.
trace:menubuilder:DeferToRunOnce Deferring icon creation to reboot.
fixme:shell:SHELL32_DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub

I know that creating desktop icons used to work for me in former wine
versions.

My wine copy is  20031118

Thanks,

Ciao,