Wine hangs on startup

Kristian Amlie k_amlie at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 12:11:32 CST 2003

Ok, I finally got around to trying the latest wine (20031118), like you
said, but the problem persists.
I also tried upgrading all the libraries that wine depends on (I took
the list from the ebuild file of wine), with no luck.

Is it possible that xfree86 needs to be upgraded? So far, I've avoided
it because it takes forever to build, but if there's a good chance,
then I'll try that too. My current version is 4.2.1

Kristian