Installing vss

sting sting zstingx at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 02:53:56 CST 2003

Hello,
I had installed wine on RedHat linux.

Now, whem I run wine notepad , the notepad app is opened.

I tried to install vss  (MS Visual Source Safe) by typing , from the VSS
setup directory ,
"wine setup"
and I got the following
messages:

installing vss
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit system modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

and a pop up window opened , saying

"The minimum operating system requirements for Visual Source Safe
6.0d are Windows NT 4.0 with SP6 , windows 2000 or windows XP
Setup has detected that your operating systenm does not
meet these requirements".

This is the first application I try to install on wine (the notepad comes
without me doing anything)
I had installed wine not by compiling it , but by running the installation
scrip from
tools directory.
This machine has only one partition (Linux)
Can anybody  help?
reagrds,
sting