xmms problem

Bernd bernd at covenantmail.net
Fri Dec 12 02:46:52 CST 2003

Trying to launch xmms gives me this response:

bernd at linux:~> xmms
/usr/lib/xmms/General/ntdll.dll.so: undefined symbol: wine_pthread_init_thread
/usr/lib/xmms/General/libntdll.dll.so: undefined symbol:
wine_pthread_init_thread
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-tls.c: 72:
_dl_next_tls_modid: Assertion `result <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_max_dtv_idx'
failed!

Why is xmms tied to wine, and what do I do to fix this?  I have
wine-20030813-51 installed from my distro's cd's, and I installed winex via
cvs.

MTIA

Bernd
--
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them

Antoine de St. Exupery