Segmentation fault

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Sat Dec 13 01:44:01 CST 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 12:30:34AM +0100, Marcus Roeckrath wrote:
> Hi Fabrice,
>
> Fabrice DELENTE wrote on Freitag, 12. Dezember 2003 19:30 about Re:
> Segmentation fault:
>
> > > beginning around 12th of october I have an "Segmentation fault" when
> > > starting wine.
> >
> > I've had the same problem recently. Upgrading from glibc-2.1 to glib-2.3
> > seems to have solved it.
>
> Why?

If only I knew why :^) I'm not sure it's the reason why, but all I know is
that it worked :^)

> The rpm's from dataparty are build with glibc-2.2 which is correct for SuSE
> 7.2 and in addition self compiled source compiled without errors.

I had the trouble with the self-compiled version (I don't use rpms on my
system) and the compilation itself always went ok. What's strange is that
the CVS version of winex worked fine while wine segfaulted on the command
line. I guess there was some kind of conflict between a wine library and the
glibc (?)

See you.

--
Fabrice DELENTE