"Fixme" attempting to run Finale

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sat Dec 13 13:27:45 CST 2003

Hello,

I am running Wine 20030911 on ASP Linux 9 (a Red Hat-based distro). This
build of Wine was supplied by the distro provider. The Wine config is at
the defaults (except some drive configs - but drive C is at the default
value, which is the $/,wine/c directory, with initial contents from the
Wine package).

I am trying to run the Finale music development software (would like to
know if it does run under Linux). I have installed its fonts into X, and
then installed the software via its own Setup.

Finale starts up, but "hangs" (fixed by Ctrl-C in the Wine terminal
window) when trying to paint the music sheet document. The following
line gets repeated several times in the Wine terminal window:

fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x788,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!

So, doe sthis mean it's not yet possible to run Finale under Wine? Or,
perhaps, one can get through this somehow?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

(By the way, any description of experience in running any Finale product
- including Finale NotePad or PrintMusic - would be greatly
appreciated).

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik
Moscow, Russia