Deadlock when running Half-Life

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sat Dec 13 14:10:16 CST 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 06:24:26PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Probably fixed in latest CVS (commited yesturday). Please try it and let
> us know.

Nope. Regretfully not. When running Half-Life in a desktop (i.e. with
"Desktop" = "XxY" set in $HOME/.wine.config) everything is just like
before. However, when I run Half-Life in a managed window, I get a
little further: The main window is mapped, an I see the main menu being
generated (for some reason, it has always taken HL an eternity to
display it under wine). Shortly before HL is done I get the following
errrors: