Half-Life

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Sun Dec 14 15:07:36 CST 2003

I have Half-life installed (actually I copied a windows install) and it works
fine under Winex.  However, I would like to get it running under Wine and
from all the docs it should work.

I can start it the first time (wine -- hl.exe -console) enter the
registration key and go to the menu.  If I quit and then try it again I get
the  menu but the cursor stays as an hourglass forever and I finally have to
kill Half-Life.  I've noticed that if I remove the ~/.wine directory and
start over I can run it once, then the same thing happens.

Any ideas on what's wrong or where to look to fix it.

Also, does anyone have the patch to to to 1.1x?  The stupid sierra downloader
won't connect with any site.

Thanks.