Wine Access to UNC Resources

Tony Kava wine at pottcounty.com
Fri Dec 26 10:11:56 CST 2003

Greetings:

I am attempting to run a client for a proprietary software we use at our
organization in Wine on RedHat Linux.  The Win9x version of the client
starts up just fine, but I'm stopped when it attempts to access some UNC
paths.  What steps do I need to take to make a UNC path (i.e.
\\SERVER\SHARE\PATH) work inside Wine?

Assuming that I can access UNC resources (and perhaps I can already) the
next issue of course is authentication.  Since I'm pretty certain I can't
enter authentication credentials in Wine for an NT4 server I am curious if
there is any way that I can map a UNC to a Linux mount (i.e. \\SERVER\SHARE
maps to /mnt/soment4share) that I have previously mounted using smbfs.

I hope someone can provide me with some guidance regarding these issues.

Thanks.

--
Tony Kava
Network Administrator