Awww...come on... ;-) RE: Mouse focus in Wine on non-focused Wine windows

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Dec 29 10:20:41 CST 2003

Mark Knecht wrote:
>>There are cases where an application wants to know where the mouse is,
>>even if it is not in the application. For example, in Windows (at least
>>Win2K), run Program->Accessories->Accessibility->Magnifier.
>>
>>I would guess that there is a problem somewhere in enabling/disabling
>>this behavior.
>

> Duane,
>    A problem in my configuration of Wine, or a problem in Wine itself?
>
>    If the problem is in Wine, is there any way a non-programmer can collect
> data that will help someone fix it? Or do I just submit it as a bug and then
> move on?

I'm afraid my answer on that hasn't changed :-( I am pretty certain it
is a Wine bug, and since no one has stepped in and offered to fix it,
there is probably not much a non-programmer can do. This is a somewhat
specialized area, probably requiring someone who knows something about
event handling in both X and Windows, and how they interact in Wine.