Several problems

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Mon Dec 29 03:27:04 CST 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 12:38:15AM +0100, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> > Several problems have appeared for me with the latest wine (20031212) (I
> > grabbed the tarball and compiled it myself).

> It would be useful to know what version you previously used, and if you >
> have the same problem with a official binary. You can get one from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241

I've been using wine since early 2002 (maybe 2001?); I updated every month,
each time a new tarball got out.

My distribution is Slackware 8.1; that's why I compiled wine myself (I have
modified the system so I'm not sure it's still compatible with standard
packages).

I grabbed Wine-20031212-i386-S9nodebug-2.tgz but as I suspected, my system
isn't exactly compatible: I use XFree 4.2 while the package relies on XFree
4.3 so I have an incompatibility problem with libXrandr.so.2. I don't feel
like recompiling X right now... sorry ! :^)

> >   * the CVS hasn't been updated since 12/12/2003? Maybe that's just the
> > Christmas break :^)
> The maintainer is on holiday in Switzerland, he did say he was going to be
> 2 weeks...

That's what I thought but I didn't know how long he would be on holiday :^)

See you.

--
Fabrice DELENTE
E-mail : fabrice.delente at free.fr