error while starting up Excel (wine cvs)

Nirmal Govind nirmalg at psu.edu
Tue Dec 30 03:22:49 CST 2003

Thanks for your suggestions Ivan..

> Try making a new config with winesetuptk

Tried it but that didn't help.. same error...

> Also try using a fake windows partition, and install excel with wine into the
> fake win partition.

Tried this and this seemed like it might work but Excel setup wants
to install System components (says it needs some web browsing stuff)
or so and when it tries to do that off the CD, it complains that it
can't find a file called OSP1.CAB on the CD.. I tried two different
Office XP CDs and neither of them have this file.. moreover, I
installed Office on my windows partition just fine (of course, then
the Office installer didn't have to install the System components)..
  also tried installing IE6 on fake_windows but that quit saying the
installation is incomplete and basically didn't install anything..

Any other tips?

Thanks,
nirmal