Logitech Wingman Formula detected but does not work

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed Jan 1 17:46:19 CST 2003

On 1 Jan 2003, der engel frank wrote:

> trace:joystick:LINUX22_GetDevCaps Driver: 0x020100, Name: Logitech
> SideCar, #Axes: 3, #Buttons: 6
> trace:joystick:LINUX22_GetDevCaps detected: axes=3, hats=0
> err:module:BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll joystick.drv still not
> found
> trace:joystick:LINUX22_OpenDIDev (0x4a64a720,0)
> trace:joystick:LINUX22_GetDIDataFormat (0x4a64a720,0x403e5da8)
> trace:joystick:LINUX22_OpenDIDev (0x4a64a720,0)
> trace:joystick:LINUX22_GetDIDataFormat (0x4a64a720,0x403e67a8)

These messages only appear in WineX CVS, not codeweavers wine, so you must
have some conflicting Wine installations.

> What means the line "BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll joystick.drv
> still not found" ?

Not sure why it appears, but joysticks in WineX CVS seems to work anyway,
so it doesn't seem to mean anything.

> Is this the reason why the (detected) wheel does not work?

I don't think so, but maybe it'd work better if you use the Linux 2.4
interface (in WineX the availability of this would show up as LINUXINPUT
instead of LINUX22 in the above traces), which is used if the
/dev/input/event* devices are available. Make sure the appropriate kernel
modules are loaded (like evdev). You might also want to make sure you
don't have conflicting Wine installations. And lastly, if you're using
WineX CVS, try updating it since a few more fixes to the joystick code may
have been done since your last update.