sgml

whitnl73 at juno.com whitnl73 at juno.com
Mon Jan 6 09:14:33 CST 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Andreas Madritsch wrote:

> Could anybody tell me how I can read the sgml files in the wine
> documentation directory. Standard sgml viewers do not work on these files.

#!/bin/sh
#<wine>/documentation/*.sgml reader (c) 2000- Lawson Whitney
# Use, distribute, or change at your own risk.
sed -e 's/<[^<>]*>//g' -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' $1 |less -ni

Well, I use this nasty little sed program.  It isn't perfect, but you
can pretty well read the doco with is.  If your mailer puts carriage
returns, take them out before trying to run it.

tr -d "\r" <mail >/usr/local/bin/rsg

Lawson
 --
---oops---