winspool.drv problem/ max qda

matthew yee-king yeeking at no-future.com
Fri Jan 17 09:14:37 CST 2003

sorry!

$ wine.bin -v
Wine 20020904

(debian testing)

i've had more success with  the maxqda software using the crossover
plugin version of wine -

$ ~/crossover/bin/wine.sh -v
Wine release 20020122

I managed to install the software the it starts up the software
ok but then the maxqda gui locks up. which makes me think  maxqda might
not work with wine anyway. which is a shame cos i could linux-ise a phd
student's nt workstation if it worked, which is always satisfying.

cheers

matthew

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:13:22 +0100 (CET)
Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> please, give your wine version.
>  --- matthew yee-king <yeeking at no-future.com> a écrit : > Hello
> >
> > I'm trying to install maxqda on a 686 debian linux machine. When i
> > fire
> > up the installer
> >
> > wine.bin /cdrom/maxqda/Setup.exe
> >
> > I get these errors:
> >
> > find: /usr/bin/../lost+found: Permission denied
> > Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin X:\_ISTMP9.DIR\_INS5576._MP ...
> > mktemp: cannot make temp file X:\/wine.log.XP7yxN: No such file or
> > directory mktemp: cannot make temp file X:\/wine.status.4ViYjN: No
> > such
> > file or directory err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file)
> > WINSPOOL.DRV
> > (which is needed by X:\_ISTMP9.DIR\_INS5576._MP) not found Wine
> > failed
> > with return code 193/usr/bin/wine: line 600: kill: 65: invalid
> > signal specification
> >
> > Can anyone help me? I've tried fiddling with the files in
> >
> > /home/matthew/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System
> >
> > (winspool.drv copied to WINSPOOL.DRV ) and copying winspool into
> > system32.
> >
> > The software claims to be compatible with win 98 and up. is this a
> > problem (should it be win95 compatible to work?)
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > matthew

> =====
> Sylvain Petreolle
> spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
> Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
> ICQ #170597259
>
> "Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends
are.