problem trying to run a Visual Foxpro app

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Wed Jan 22 09:33:48 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 09:04, Emiliano wrote:
> > >err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
> > >err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
> >
> > There seems to be an error with fonts so you should
> > make a trace with +font.
> >
> > bye  Fabi
> >
> Fabi, I run:
>  wine --debugmsg +font app.exe
> and wine says:
> r" charset = 162 type 4 script L"Turkish" it 0 weight 400 ntmflags 00000040
> trace:font:WineEngEnumFonts enuming face L"Times New Roman" full L"Times New
> Roman" style L"Regula
> r" charset = 186 type 4 script L"Baltic" it 0 weight 400 ntmflags 00000040
> err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting
>
> How do I know the fonts installed in the fake windows ?
> If I install the Times New Roman, it suposed to work my app ?

Outstanding Issues with Visual FoxPro that I know of:

1. WAIT WINDOWS don't display properly.  The graphics are drawn after,
and over, the text.  The text is drawn with gdi32.ExtTextOutA, and the
window appears to be external.  Transgamings Wine doesn't seem to do
Managed Windows, so the WAIT WINDOW actually gets a 'windows border',
with Min/Max/Close buttons.  That's probably the source of the issue -
windows created by VFP to show how long a SELECT is taking display fine,
and without the 'windows border'.

2. No record locking.  Apparently a patch was submitted some time ago,
but wasn't accepted.

3. Window resizing.  I've noticed in the IDE that the window resizing
doesn't work quite right.. not a killer, but a nuisance.

AFAICS, the apps run pretty well.. unfortunately, I haven't had a chance
to test printing, but I know that's worked in the past.

Rick