acs_map

Andrew Hughes hughes2002 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 29 14:35:58 CST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:20:25 +0000
Keith Matthews <keith_m at sweeney.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:52:36 +0000
> Andrew Hughes <hughes2002 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
> >
> > When does the compile error occur?  Is it when you compile graphics.c
> > into graphics.o or when you link the lot together to get the dll.so?
> > If its the former, then you won't have any later objects such as
> > user.o, but if it occurs during the linking, you will.
> > If it does occur when graphics.o is created, then it would appear that
> > the header isn't being included.  This seems strange because AFAICS
> > graphics.c never references acs_map.  It seems more likely that the
> > header is included, references acs_map, but that the library which
> > actually properly defines acs_map (libncurses) is never linked to.
>
> Its in the link-edit -
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/matth1k/wine-20021031/dlls/tapi32'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/matth1k/wine-20021031/dlls/ttydrv'
> gcc -shared  -Wl,-Bsymbolic,-z,defs ttydrv.spec.o    bitmap.o dc.o graphics.o objects.o palette.o ttydrv_main.o user.o wnd.o  ttydrv.dll.dbg.o -o ttydrv.dll.so -L../../dlls  -L../../library -lwine -lncurses -lm  -lc
> graphics.o: In function `TTYDRV_DC_LineTo':
> graphics.o(.text+0x42d): undefined reference to `acs_map'
> graphics.o(.text+0x463): undefined reference to `acs_map'
> graphics.o: In function `TTYDRV_DC_Rectangle':
> graphics.o(.text+0x96d): undefined reference to `acs_map'
> graphics.o(.text+0x9a9): undefined reference to `acs_map'
> graphics.o(.text+0x9e5): undefined reference to `acs_map'
> graphics.o(.text+0xa21): more undefined references to `acs_map' follow
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [ttydrv.dll.so] Error 1
>
> > Have you checked config.log which should be in the same directory as
> > configure?  This will check that both the headers can be found and the
> > library can be linked to as below:
> >
> > configure:8501: checking ncurses.h usability
> > configure:8514: gcc -c -O6 -march=athlon-xp -mcpu=athlon-xp
> > conftest.c >&5 configure:8517: $? = 0
> > configure:8520: test -s conftest.o
> > configure:8523: $? = 0
> > configure:8533: result: yes
> > configure:8537: checking ncurses.h presence
> > configure:8548: gcc -E  conftest.c
> > configure:8554: $? = 0
> > configure:8573: result: yes
> > configure:8609: checking for ncurses.h
> > configure:8616: result: yes
> > configure:8624: checking for waddch in -lncurses
> > configure:8655: gcc -o conftest -O6 -march=athlon-xp -mcpu=athlon-xp
> > conftest.c -lncurses  -lm  >&5 configure:8658: $? = 0
> > configure:8661: test -s conftest
> > configure:8664: $? = 0
> > configure:8676: result: yes
> > --
>
> Rather less verbose but essentially the same (this was actually with
> 20021031, later versions have same effect)
>
> configure:7529: checking for ncurses.h
> configure:7534: result: yes
> configure:7633: checking for waddch in -lncurses
> configure:7680: result: yes

It would seem that your curses library is a different version that the curses headers you have installed, and thus doesn't
have acs_map (you can check by running grep on the curses libraries - probably in /usr/lib).  The library is there and linkable,
otherwise the configure test wouldn't have passed.
I suggest you check the dates of the files and the packages you have installed from your distro.
--
Andrew :-)

"Windows is the one true OS. MS invented the GUI. MS invented
   the 32 bit OS. MS is open and standard. MS loves you. We have
   always been at war with Oceania."