Problem of Wine with remote display

Shingo Mochinushi mochinus at lit.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jul 3 21:01:47 CDT 2003

    Dear Sirs,

    I upgraded Linux Kernel from 2.2.14 to 2.4.20 and
XFree86 (server and related files) from 3.3.6 to 4.3.0.
I recompiled Wine to fit to new environment, then I ran
it as usual, with remote X server(3.3.6).

    Then, I had following error messages:

>XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server "kiev45:0.0"
>      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

It seems that communication between X client (i.e. Wine) and
X server (i.e. remote display) failed, then I tested other
program which uses X, but this program ran normally on the
remote display.

    Please tell me how to resolve this problem.

                                   Sincerelly,
                                     Shingo Mochinushi