internet problem

desp desperado1 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 15:39:25 CDT 2003

my version of wine is 20030508 and i'm using mdk9.1
i have succefully installed yahoo messenger, winzip, odigo v 3.6(build 658)
, ...
i have a problem with apps that require internet connection, ie, odigo does
not connect with error " E041 could not login to the server"
with yahoo messenger, it keeps trying to connect but with no success.
my /home/t/.wine/c/Windows/System
directory contains some dlls from my original windows installation. is
something wrong with my configuration?
i have a connexant modem with drivers from mbsi. is this due to a modem
problem?
i can connect to the internet normally with native linux apps
any help appreciated