dont understand this error message

Mike Bordon spyderusa11 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 00:02:30 CDT 2003

I'm really really new to this, so if this is a common stupid mistake just
point me in the right direction.

I'm running RedHat 9 and I first tried installation through the RPM and when
I tried to run wine in a terminal I got the following error:

wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-spyderusa11/server-306-403c5 : No such file or
directory

So I figured I figured I would uninstall the RPM and just compile the
source. After going through all the compilation and right up to the point
where it says "Installing default Wine registry entries..." it gave me the
same error and said "Registry install failed." and I guess aborted the rest
of the installation. If anyone could help out, I would appreciate it.

Mike
spyderusa11 at hotmail.com