Opera 7.11 with Acroread 5.1

Carlos Renato F. Vendramini carlos.vendramini at terra.com.br
Wed Jun 4 19:59:43 CDT 2003

I'm testing Acrobat Reader 5.1 in Linux via Wine, and now I would like to
test if is possible to associate Acroread with Opera 7.11 Linux via "open
with other application".

For example:

I want to read the .pdf document that is stored in this link:
http://www.agfa.com/photo/products/pdf/P-SW51-E2.pdf

Steps:

1. Open Opera 7.11

2. file >> preferences >> file types >> uncheck "Hide file types..." >>
highlight application/pdf >> click "edit" >> check "open with other
application" >> fill with the full path to fake_windows Acrobat Reader 5.1
executable:

In my case I filled as it follows: wine /home/carlos/c/Program
Files/Adobe/Acrobat 5.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe

But there are no application responses, nothing happens...:-(

I don't know either if is possible to call a wine application from a Linux
native application and nor if my steps are corrects.

Can somebody clarify me about this case????

Thanks.....

Carlos Vendramini
São Paulo - SP - Bra

--