InstallShield 7

Kevin Kleinfelter winehq at kleinfelter.com
Thu Jun 5 13:15:25 CDT 2003

Any hints on getting InstallShield *7* to install an app?

When I look at a real Windows machine, I see several files in "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\7\Intel 32".

Running setup.exe under Wine produces the InstallShield error message
"1611: Unable to extract the file (null)."  A little web searching suggests
that this might mean that the InstallShield scripting engine is not
installed.  I suspect that may be the missing files, but simply copying
them does not seem to be enough.

I've got real Windows CDs for most versions, and I'm not trying to achieve
a Windows-free Wine, although I might whine about not being Windows free.
;-)