Copy windows prog to fake_windows

Savio Ramos savio.debian at terra.com.br
Tue Jun 17 16:26:51 CDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:20:29 -0700
Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:

> Savio Ramos wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I can't install a program using wine. If I configure wine with
> > windows partiton the program works but veeeeery slowly.
> >
> > By experience I copied all files that program installed in windows
> > partition to fake_windows but it don't work.
> >
> > Can I copy the files from win partition and edit by hand system.reg
> > of ~/wine?
> >
> > If a make this the program will work better?
>
> In general, speed will not depend on the win partition used.
>

> > How can I do that?
> >
> > I think that the problem is related to this three files: DAO350
> > DLL, MSVBVM60 DLL, MSVBVM50 DLL
> >

> If you are not already using a native msvcrt.dll, try that. It would be
> my first suspect for a very slow program.
>
> Once you install a native msvcrt.dll, make it the default for all Wine
> programs in ~/.wine/config
>
> [DllOverrides]
> "msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
> "mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
> "mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
> "*" = "builtin, native"

I put this in config:

[AppDefaults\\SISUPFOR.exe\\DllOverrides]
"DAO350" = "native"
"MSJINT35" = "native"
"MSVBVM50" = "native"
"VB6STKIT" = "native"
"MSVBVM60" = "native"
"VB5DB" = "native"
"MSRD2X35" = "native"
"MSJTER35" = "native"
"COMCAT" = "native"
"ASYCFILT" = "native"
"expsrv" = "native"
"MSJET35" = "native"
"MSVCRT40" = "native"
"OLEAUT32" = "native"
"OLEPRO32" = "native"
"VBAJET32" = "native"
"DAO360" = "native"

[DllOverrides]
"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
"mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
"mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
"*" = "builtin, native"

The results is:
savio at debian:~$ wine /home/savio/.wine/fake_windows/Program\ Files/Sisupfor/SISUPFOR.exe
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin /home/savio/.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Sisupfor/SISUPFOR.exe ...
fixme:ole:CoSetState (0x653c7aa8),stub!
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoSetState ((nil)),stub!