Copy windows prog to fake_windows

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jun 17 18:08:19 CDT 2003

Savio Ramos wrote:

> I put this in config:
>
> [AppDefaults\\SISUPFOR.exe\\DllOverrides]
> "DAO350" = "native"
> "MSJINT35" = "native"
> "MSVBVM50" = "native"
> "VB6STKIT" = "native"
> "MSVBVM60" = "native"
> "VB5DB" = "native"
> "MSRD2X35" = "native"
> "MSJTER35" = "native"
> "COMCAT" = "native"
> "ASYCFILT" = "native"
> "expsrv" = "native"
> "MSJET35" = "native"
> "MSVCRT40" = "native"
> "OLEAUT32" = "native"
> "OLEPRO32" = "native"
> "VBAJET32" = "native"
> "DAO360" = "native"
>
> [DllOverrides]
> "msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
> "mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
> "mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
> "*" = "builtin, native"
>
> The results is:
> savio at debian:~$ wine /home/savio/.wine/fake_windows/Program\ Files/Sisupfor/SISUPFOR.exe
> Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin /home/savio/.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Sisupfor/SISUPFOR.exe ...
> fixme:ole:CoSetState (0x653c7aa8),stub!
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:ole:CoSetState ((nil)),stub!
> Wine exited with a successful status

You don't need to explicitely set all those DLLs to native. If there is
no Wine version, then Wine will look for the native version.

Wine does have some of the OLE DLLs. In general I think the OLE files
need to all be set the same; native or builtin. I suspect you need
ole32.dll, but you can find out by doing:

wine --debugmsg +loaddll -- /home/savio/...

Be sure to only pay attention to the native/builtin message at the end
of each line. Ignore the path that is printed; it is misleading.