non-CVS access to source

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:48:09 CDT 2003

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> Following Duane's comments, I'm trying to get hold of the latest wine
> sources. Unfortunately, my company blocks CVS access on the firewall, so I
> need a snapshot via FTP/HTTP to download. Is there anything else than the
> full CVS tree (40+ MB) that gets regenerated daily/often enough?

If you go to the main sources site linked to by winehq:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/wine/development/

You will notice there are full downloads, and much smaller downloads
labelled *.diff.gz. I have not used those, but I assume the diffs are
just a patch that can be applied to the previous version. Not updated on
a daily basis, but reasonably often.