Can't start Internet Explorer...

Wayne Dahl w.dahl4 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 26 16:25:31 CDT 2003

I'm a newbie to Wine and am having trouble getting anything to work.  I
have a Windoze partition /mnt/hda1 and can get to it via terminal
window.  When I cd to /mnt/hda1/"Program Files"/"Internet Explorer" and
then run ./iexplore.exe, this is what I get...

[Wayne-KDE at crtntx1-ar6-4-64-084-166 Internet Explorer]$ ./iexplore.exe
fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not
supported
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/mnt/hda1/windows/fonts/desktop.ini" err = 55
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/mnt/hda1/windows/fonts/modern.fon" err = 2
fixme:shell:SHLWAPI_241 ()stub
fixme:shell:SHLWAPI_437 (0x00000012)stub
fixme:shell:SHLWAPI_376 () stub
fixme:process:CreateProcessA (C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\dw15.exe,...): NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
fixme:process:CreateProcessA (C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\dw15.exe,...): CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE ignored
FIXME:pthread_cond_init
fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetIdeInterface CD-ROM device with major ID 11 not
supported
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/mnt/hda1/windows/fonts/desktop.ini" err = 55
err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
"/mnt/hda1/windows/fonts/modern.fon" err = 2
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
fixme:string:GetStringTypeW CT_CTYPE3 not supported.
fixme:string:GetStringTypeW CT_CTYPE3 not supported.

I was having trouble with the temp directory, but changed the config
file to temp = /tmp    and eliminated that error.  Was this a bad idea?

Any help would be appreciated.  I hate IE, but some sites require it.

TIA,

Wayne