Wine / Warcraft 3 Problem but I'm sure anyone can help.

AliEnOiD na alienoid at mail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:13:47 CST 2003

Hi,

I am desperately trying to get keyboard input in wine when it is not windowed, or alternatively stop my mouse cursor from leaving the wine window when it is in window mode. I am using wine 20030219 with RH 8.0, trying to play Warcraft 3.

Keyboard issue:

When I run wine without the desktop window switch - "Desktop" = "1024x768", any keys pressed go straight to the terminal window. I have tried Managed=Y/N and UseTakeFocus=Y/N and it does not seem to make a difference.

Mouse issue:

If I try running Warcraft 3 with "Desktop" = "1024x768", the keyboard does work, but I have the annoying problem of the mouse leaving the window everytime my mouse goes too far to the edge of the screen (in warcraft 3 when you move your cursor to the edge of the screen, it scrolls the terrain). I have tried "DXGrab" = "Y", but it does not seem to work.

Is there a command I am missing? Right now I'm using war3.exe -- -opengl.

Is there a specific version of Wine I should try?

ANY help appreciated.

Thanks.