DLL not loading, msjava.dll, Encyclopedia Britannica

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 9 10:36:11 CST 2003

please read http://www.winehq.com/docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml
and report full output from 'wine --debugmsg +loaddll BCD2000 2>&1 |tee
somelogfile'

not that the JVM isnt a single file at all...
 --- Stephan Matthiesen <stephan at met.ed.ac.uk> a écrit : > Hi,

> excuse me if my problem is something obvious, but I'm lost and
> couldn't find
> any useful information (is there a search function for the list
> archive?). Im
> new to Wine (and only recently switched to Linux).
>
> Problem:
> I'm trying to run the Britannica Encyclopedia 2000 (BCD2000), but
> when I start
> it I get the error message (in a popup window) "Unable to start the
> application - Java virtual machine not found".
>
> As far as I could figure out, the JVM included on the CD  was
> correctly
> installed in /wine-c/windows/system/Msjava.dll  (/wine-c is my
> virtual
> C-Drive). So somehow it doesn't seem to find it.
>
> I tried to start wine  with debugmessages:
>    wine --debugmsg +loaddll BCD2000.exe
> gives messages that a number of builtin dlls have been loaded, but no
> mention
> of msjava.dll. When I try
>    wine --dll msjava=n --debugmsg +loaddll BCD2000.exe
> Exactly the same - no msjava.dll appears in the message (shouldn't
> this load
> msjava.dll from windows/system in any case?).
>
> Other debugmessages (fixme, err) don't give any errors at all.
>
> I also tried to include an entry
> "msjava" = "native"
> in the config file, but no result.
>
> I'm using Wine 20030219 on Redhat 8.0. Winecheck gives no errors
> (except for
> floppy and CD not present). I have no native Windows installed. The
> Setup
> program for the Encyclopedia Britannica worked smoothly and installed
> the
> program in /wine-c/Program Files/Britannica/BCD
>
> Relevant sections in my ~home/.wine/config:
> [Drive C]
> "Path" = "/wine-c"
> "Type" = "hd"
> "Label" = "MS-DOS"
> "Filesystem" = "win95"
> (...)
> [wine]
> "Windows" = "c:\\windows"
> "System" = "c:\\windows\\system"
> "Temp" = "e:\\"
> "Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system;e:\\;e:\\test;f:\\"
> (...)
> [DllOverrides]
> (... a nomber of dlls ...)
> "*" = "builtin, native"
>
> I have no idea what to do - do I have to set the path to the dll
> somewhere, or
> does the msjava.dll not work at all (why don't I get an error)? Or is
> the
> "Java not found" message about somethin completely different?
>
> I don't know if anything else in my wine installation might be wrong.
> The
> installation seemed to go without problems. I don't have other
> Windows
> programs to try, only winmine (included in wine), and WinEdt - both
> seem to
> [...]

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight Spam ! EuroCauce: http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".