winelib help - program hangs

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Mar 10 02:03:16 CST 2003

>I have a source for a program written with VC++ that uses windows threads,
>eventobjects and sockets. I would like to run this program on linux using
>wine.

I can't help you with compiling. But to find out if wine fully supports your app
you can take the Windows-compiled exe and start it in wine. If this works
then you know that the problem is the compiling/linking. If this doesn't work
you probably should first fix these errors in wine before continuing. Otherwise
you will never know if an error is from wine or compiling or your app or...

bye  Fabi