Warcraft 3

Jens Lehmann jens.lehmann at goldmail.de
Tue Mar 11 10:55:48 CST 2003

Hello,

today I installed Wine 20030115 (Backport) on a Debian GNU/Linux woody
system. I have a GeForce4 Ti4200 graphics card and NvidiaDrivers, so
OpenGL should work.  I have an exisiting Warcraft3 1.04 Installation
(original, without CD-Patch) on Windows XP with an NTFS Filesystem. The
Warcraft-CD-ROM is mounted to /dev/cdrom. I configured wine
automatically with winesetuptk. The windows partition is mounted to
/mnt/windows with read and execute, but without write-permissions.

When I change to the Warcraft3-directory I get the following error-message:

jl at debian:/mnt/windows/Spiele/Warcraft III$ wine war3.exe -- -opengl
--debugmessage +all
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin war3.exe -- -opengl --debugmessage +all ...
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
imm32.dll.2(ImmAssociateContextEx) imported from C:\Spiele\Warcraft
III\war3.exe, setting
to 0xdeadbeef
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x400dcd44
"../../loader/module.c: loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60
sec) tid=0807be20
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x400dcd44
"../../loader/module.c: loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60
sec) tid=0807be20
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0
addr 0x400ab9a0
Wine exited with a successful status

Typing this again I only get:

jl at debian:/mnt/windows/Spiele/Warcraft III$ wine war3.exe -- -opengl
--debugmessage +all
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin war3.exe -- -opengl --debugmessage +all ...
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
imm32.dll.2(ImmAssociateContextEx) imported from C:\Spiele\Warcraft
III\war3.exe, setting
to 0xdeadbeef
Wine exited with a successful status

A Wine Launch Window opens and closes, but there is no Warcraft Window
poping up. I started notepad with wine before, that's why it generally
should work. Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.

Jens