Warcraft 3

whitnl73 at juno.com whitnl73 at juno.com
Tue Mar 11 16:31:38 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Jens Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> today I installed Wine 20030115 (Backport) on a Debian GNU/Linux woody
> system. I have a GeForce4 Ti4200 graphics card and NvidiaDrivers, so
> OpenGL should work.  I have an exisiting Warcraft3 1.04 Installation
> (original, without CD-Patch) on Windows XP with an NTFS Filesystem. The
> Warcraft-CD-ROM is mounted to /dev/cdrom. I configured wine
> automatically with winesetuptk. The windows partition is mounted to
> /mnt/windows with read and execute, but without write-permissions.
>
> When I change to the Warcraft3-directory I get the following error-message:
>
> jl at debian:/mnt/windows/Spiele/Warcraft III$ wine war3.exe -- -opengl
> --debugmessage +all
Oh, yuck, does debian rename wine to wine.bin and use a wrapper?

I don't know warcraft specifically, .. does it take an option
--debugmessage +all?

If you are trying to give that to wine, it is spelled

wine --debugmsg +relay,+module,+win32 war3.exe -- -opengl

I guess.  --debugmsg +all is so prolific as to be almost useless.

> Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin war3.exe -- -opengl --debugmessage +all ...
> err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
> imm32.dll.2(ImmAssociateContextEx) imported from C:\Spiele\Warcraft
> III\war3.exe, setting
> to 0xdeadbeef
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x400dcd44
> "../../loader/module.c: loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60
> sec) tid=0807be20
> wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x400dcd44
> "../../loader/module.c: loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60
> sec) tid=0807be20
> err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0
> addr 0x400ab9a0

c0000194 is "possible deadlock" and might represent a bug in or near
loader/module.c, but OTOH she had warts, and you might get better
results with

"imm32" = "native"
in ~/.wine/config [DllOverrides]

> Wine exited with a successful status
>
> Typing this again I only get:
>
> jl at debian:/mnt/windows/Spiele/Warcraft III$ wine war3.exe -- -opengl
> --debugmessage +all
> Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin war3.exe -- -opengl --debugmessage +all ...
> err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for
> imm32.dll.2(ImmAssociateContextEx) imported from C:\Spiele\Warcraft
> III\war3.exe, setting
> to 0xdeadbeef
> Wine exited with a successful status

Now Billy Blake said "If the fool would persist in his folly he would
become wise."

> A Wine Launch Window opens and closes, but there is no Warcraft Window
> poping up. I started notepad with wine before, that's why it generally
> should work. Hope anyone can point me in the right direction.

The wine builtin notepad, or a native notepad.exe from your windows
drive?

--
---oops---