Quicken on SuSE 8.0 (8.1 also) FAILED:((

Steve Varadi svaradi at freemail.hu
Wed Mar 12 17:24:06 CST 2003

I'm using wine since 1998. Mostly under SuSE for running Quickenw. Until SuSE
8.0 Quicken on wine basic function was pretty good and enough for me. Since
SuSE 8.0 I can not use Quicken at all because it prevent to put in ANY
number.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1lafd/quicken_error.png
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1lafd/quicken_error1.png

Not just in new account, but in egzisting account also
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1lafd/quicken_error2.png

I realized decimal point (. dot) is a dead key under wine. I used the quicken
built-in calculator to enter number. In the calculator display I was able to
use dot, but when I try to enter to the Quicken account it was refused again:
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1lafd/quicken_error3.png

I think this is not wine bug, somehow this is occur only in SuSE 8.0 and 8.1 I
tested on different computer with the same SuSE 8.0 and 8.1 similar error on
both machine.

vpista at Sonyka:~/.wine/fake_windows> wine ~/.wine/fake_windows/Quickenw/qw.exe
Wine already configured, run 'winesetup' to reconfigure.
fixme:file:SetFileAttributesW Couldn't set file attributes for existing file
"/media/sdb1/penzugyek/~qw~link.qdt".
Check permissions or set VFAT "quiet" mount flag
fixme:file:SetFileAttributesW Couldn't set file attributes for existing file
"/media/sdb1/penzugyek/~qw~link.qdt".
Check permissions or set VFAT "quiet" mount flag
fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-1073741819,0x405b08cc)semi-stub
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg 8 244") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

I do not know where can I find Developer Guide in order to set up winedbg.

Anybody know any solution for this?? Quicken2000 and wine:
Sonyka:/home/vpista # rpm -q wine
wine-20030302-0

Any help would be highly appreciated.