fixme:reg:_nt_dump_lf unknown Win XP node id 0x686c: do we need to add support for it ?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:02:01 CST 2003

Alan Bort wrote:
> I'm using a FAt32 standard filesystem for my Windows XP... though there
> mught be some variatins between this FS and the win98 FS... but my linux
> has no problem working with ANY of these partitions and filesystems...

It is not an issue of Linux access to the partition. In certain
circumstances when executing programs under Wine (in particular,
installers) directory and file names on Fat partitions can get
scrambled. And in general Wine is alpha software, so I would think you
would not want to give it access to your XP partition.