winspool.drv problem

Travis J.I. Corcoran tjic at tjic.com
Fri Mar 21 14:27:39 CST 2003

I'm a new WINE user and I've got a problem, and I've already googled
for an answer.

The problem is that when I invoke WINE I get an error message:

   err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) WINSPOOL.DRV (which is
   needed by X:\_ISTMP3.DIR\_INS5576._MP) not found

My steps:

  1) use dselect to download Wine 20030115
  2) use dselect to download winesetuptk
  3) run winesetuptk
  4) run 'wine /cdrom/install.exe"
  5) get the error message above

When I googled I found this archived message:

   http://www.spinics.net/lists/wine/msg07652.html

which resulted in a request for version information.  The original
poster posted version information, but I don't see anything further in
the thread after that.

I've tried a few obvious things:

  1) cd ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System ;
     ln -s winspool.drv WINSPOOL.DRV

no joy.

  2) cd /usr/bin
     sudo ln -s ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System/WINSPOOL.DRV

no joy.

Anyone have a answer/suggestion ?

Many thanks,

TJIC