not enough virtual memory

Howard Sanner flagstad at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 22 01:52:24 CST 2003

Alan Bort wrote:

> have you set the temp directory????

	The [wine] section of ~/.wine/config has a line

"Temp" = "c:\\temp"

c:\temp is /mnt/dos/temp, and /mnt/dos/temp exists and has 777
permissions.

> BTW, it's a huge swap for a 512 memory... in fact, I have 768 MB of RAM
> and I use a swap of 1GB... and it is more than enough.... in fact, when
> I see the usage it's almos zero.... while the ram is almos 100%

	Yeah, that's the kind of memory usage I see, too. At one point I
had plans to install 1 GB of RAM but so far have not found the
need. Disk space is cheap and plentiful nowadays anyway.

	Not sure if it's significant, but every time I try to run wine,
it tells me it's ignoring .winerc in my home directory and using
.wine/config instead. I'm not sure why it decides to do this.

	Thanks.

						Howard Sanner
						flagstad at mindspring.com