printers

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Wed Mar 26 20:37:59 CST 2003

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 05:11 am, Rick Romero wrote:

> I personally haven't had much of an issue with printers in Wine for the
> past year or so.

> IMHO, the trick is:
> 1. setup your printers in CUPS
> 2. Make sure you have the cups-devel package installed
> 3  Build from source.

> If wine isn't compiled with CUPS, you won't automatically see printers.
> If you're using a binary package, it could be that CUPS wasn't compiled
> in, or maybe some version incompatibility or something.

Ok, my printer is in CUPS, I have the cups-devel package installed, and I
build wine from source.  During configure, I can see that Wine is finding
the cups headers and such.

Now, how do I set the default printer?  The first thing I have to do before
printing is to select my printer.  And if I click on Portrait/Landscape
radio buttons I get a C0000005 error.

Paul McNett - p at ulmcnett.com
Hollister, California, USA