Wine 20030318, glibc 2.3.2, RH (not phoebe)

Rob Hughes rob at robhughes.com
Fri Mar 28 22:55:06 CST 2003

Wine was fine before upgrading glibc to 2.3.2 on RH 8. Since that time,
I get

$wine --version
wine: lstat /tmp/.wine-<user>/server-9-ff9be/socket : No such file or
directory

This happens no matter what user I run wine as. This also happens using
the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL work around. The only thing that changed between a
working wine, and a non-working wine was glibc, so I'm positive that's
it. Can anyone reproduce this, and if so, does anyone have a work around
for this particular issue?

Thanks,
Rob