Unhandled exception

Stephan =?UTF-8?B?QW5kcsOpIFNjaG1pZHTp?= Schmidt stephanandre.schmidt at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun May 4 08:14:24 CDT 2003

Am 2003.05.04 01:17 schrieb(en) Theodore Marescaux:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the clue, but I am afraid I can't get wine to work anymore
> even with the original RH kernel...
>
> Regards,
> Theo
>
> Philipp Wollermann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Anyone has an idea of what is going on? Is there anything more I can
>>> try
>>> to give you more input?
>>>

>> I can't find the mail right now, but I can remember someone saying, that
>> because of the new glibc threading-model only original Red Hat Kernels
>> will
>> work with NPTL, self-compiled kernels don't support the Red Hat way of
>> supporting NPTL - sounds a little strange to me, but maybe that could
>> give
>> an idea. :-)
>> Try using an original Red Hat kernel to see if that works..
>>
>> Philipp

Hello,

I am using a self compiled version (--with-nptl) of Wine-20030408 under RH
9 with a self compiled kernel 2.4.20-9custom-[...] I do not have any
problems running wine here. I cannot agree with the statement that
self-compiled (RH)-kernel do not support NPTL. Sure, NPTL will break if
one uses a vanilla kernel.

A hint from the RELEASE-NOTES:

NPTL support for all dynamically-linked applications can be disabled by
using the following boot-time option:

nosysinfo

Maybe you should give this boot-tome option a try.

Bye,

Stephan