Installshield in pure wine environment

Daniel J Urist durist at theworld.com
Fri May 9 23:35:07 CDT 2003

I am trying to install a free Windows application called ForeignDesk
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/foreigndesk/),
which uses Installshield v. 6.; it fails with the error

"IKernel.exe could not be copied to 'C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallSheield\Engine\6\Intel 32". I'm using wine-20030508.

The usual solution to this, from what I can gather from Google Groups, is
to copy the "native" stdole.tlb file to the wine systems directory. Has
anyone found a "pure" wine solution to this? I'm running a linux-only
environment, and have no access to a windows box and so no way of getting
a "native" stdole.tlb.

Thanks,
Dan Urist
--