anybody installed wine on RH9.0 successfully?

Andrew Rechenberg arechenberg at shermfin.com
Tue May 13 08:09:53 CDT 2003

I have built an RPM based on CVS as of April 28, 2003.  I have it
installed on this workstation and it works well.

The RPM doesn't setup your ~/.wine directory, but it does create an
/etc/wine directory with a sample .wine directory.

I made a bonehead move and didn't include winedefault.reg in the RPM and
I haven't had a chance to rebuild the RPM with it.  Therefore I've
placed a winedefault.reg and my config file on my site.

Download the RPM here:

http://rechenberg.net/linux/wine/cvsrpms/20030428/

You want the one with 'nptl' in the name.  This RPM was configured with
'--with-nptl' and it works well with Red Hat 9.

Hope this helps,
Andy.

--
Andrew Rechenberg <arechenberg at shermfin.com>
Infrastrucutre Team, Sherman Financial Group