./tools/wineinstall not able to recognize my Windows partition.

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun May 18 11:09:50 CDT 2003

omsai wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I downloaded wine-20030508 and compiled as the root user. In the end when I
> run the ./tools/wineinstall as user...its says
>
> I am assuming you want to create a no-windows configuration yes/no? When I say
> no it asks me to create the configuration file manually.
>

> /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
> none /proc proc defaults 0 0

For a user to have read/write access, you should do something like this,
putting in your own user uid and gid (from the files /etc/passwd and
/etc/group).

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat
iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,uid=501,gid=501 0 0 none /proc proc
defaults 0 0

However, are you really sure you want to do that? I strongly recommend
that you create a "fake" windows install, and just copy over any files
you want from the real Windows. Otherwise, you risk messing up the real
Windows.