[newbie] RedHat 9
z77y16 at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 09:19:54 CDT 2003
> I have troubles installing Wine on RedHat 9.0 and I haven't found too
>the archives... can i ask you again ;-) ?
After some problems I successfully installed Wine on RedHat9. That was no
later than yesterday. My first attempt with configure --with-ntpl didn't
quite work, so I had to retry after cleaning up wine carefully:
- First did a make uninstall from wine source tree
- Removed ~/.wine and ~/c
- Removed the wine source tree and unpacked a fresh one
- chmod -R 777 my new wine source tree
- i modified wineinstall slightly on line 230 so configure is called with
- as my regular user, ran wineinstall
Everything went fine from that point on. I didn't have to do any special
tweaks before I could run winver.exe and notepad.exe.
Your problem with the /tmp/socket-something is because wineserver isn't
running. Wineserver should always be running prior to running wine. You can
leave wineserver in memory by doing "wineserver -p". Wineserver should be
loaded automatically after a successful install.
MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis !
More information about the wine-users