iexplorer problems

david david at 123four.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 04:16:39 CST 2003

Hi all,

For the first time I am trying to load windows programs into a windows
style directory on my linux home space.  Believe it or not I am trying
to get iexplorer to run-this is so I can see what a site will look like
in internet explorer without having to go back into the windows.  I have
followed the instructions to install the program, and the program opens
ok.  However, it grinds to a halt and nothing appears on the screen when
trying to browse with it.

I get this at the end of the output.

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
code (0x00000000).
In 32-bit mode.
0x00000000: addb        %al,0x0(%eax)
Wine-dbg>

It seems to be waiting for me to do something-to type some instructions
in-but what??

Has anyone else encountered this - and more importantly - has anyone a
solution.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

all the best........david