What do these fixme mean?

deedee deedee at writestop.com
Thu Nov 6 18:33:23 CST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 08:14 pm, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
> Set wine to emulate windows 3.1 and try again.
> Also consider wine doesn't have a great win3.1 implementation.

I originally tried it with win31, but since I didn't remember what the
messages were, I tried it again. I get a few more messages than I get
specifying win95 --

err:winspool:WINSPOOL_OpenDriverReg win32 style printing used with 16
bits app, try specifying 'win95' Windows version
err:winspool:AddPrinterDriverA Can't create Drivers key
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_LoadSystemPrinters Failed adding PS Driver (0)
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 253
fixme:hook:SetWindowsHookEx16 System-global hooks (2) broken in Win16
err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo Error 2 getting PPD file name for
printer 'LJ'
err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo Error 2 getting PPD file name for
printer 'LJ'
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub

The mouse isn't working either way -- win95 or win31. I don't get the
messages about the printer when specifying win95. I notice there are
two messages about fonts, but the screens are coming up fine and all
the fonts are correctly listed in the drop-down menu. I haven't tried
them all, but the ones I have tried look fine when applied to a
document.

I'm not a programmer and have no idea what a "hook" or a "stub" is. So
I'm not sure what I should even be looking at.

The default printer (Linux) is 'LJ' and I'm not sure why the psdrv error
is occurring. Those errors don't occur when specifying win95 (???).
When specifying win95, I get the 2 font and 1 hook fixme's.

Thanks for your reply,
deedee

Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"